Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RIP Brian Gallagher
03-04-2016, 08:15 PM
RIP Brian Gallagher
So, so sad. He was so talented and so sweet.

http://m.startribune.com/brian-gallagher...371095321/

"Peace, love, and scruff"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: RIP Brian Gallagher
Every band member who has ever graced the stage with Taylor seems like family to me. The kind of family who gives you nothing but joy while gifting you with music from their soul. Brian was no exception. I've been spending the afternoon revisiting many videos of his time with Taylor. Many of them viewed through tears.
I am heartbroken for his family. I hope to attend his memorial on Thursday if I can find a someone to cover my shift at work.

Opening act(s): "He did not need one, he was the opening, the act, and the ending. he did it all."
03-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Work cooperated. I was able to attend Brian's memorial.

It was standing room only. I would estimate 500 people attended. I did not arrive early enough to be in the main room. I joined about 150 or so who listened in the adjoining rooms with a restricted view. Brian's children each spoke. Eloquent, sweet, loving. Ava sang "Leavin' on a Jet Plane", accompanying herself on guitar. Gina shared her first memory of Brian. The one of a loving father with his children. He was a poet, a lyricist, and an avid painter.
Others spoke and shared their memories.
I briefly spoke with Ava, Brian's oldest, after the service. I told her how I came to know her dad and that the Soul Patrol sends their condolences.

[Image: Young%20Brian.jpg]

[Image: Tour%202007.jpg]

[Image: Memorial2.jpg]

[Image: Memorial.jpg]

Opening act(s): "He did not need one, he was the opening, the act, and the ending. he did it all."
03-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I am so happy that your were able to attend. There definitely could not have been a better SP representative. Huggy

"Peace, love, and scruff"
04-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Sue, I'm just reading this now, but am so glad you were able to be there to represent the fan family Puffyheart Brian was certainly loved by the Soul Patrol!

We were able to send his family $1400 for his children. His sister plans to open bank accounts and grow the money for each of them. Taylor was kind enough to help us publicize the fund on Facebook which meant a lot.

Both Jamie and Taylor dedicated songs to Brian at the Fairfield CT show that I attended. Taylor called him a wonderful soul and it was an emotional and heartfelt dedication Candle

put butter in between his thighs and he will slide right through the door Haha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user