Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
General Board How-To Information/FAQ
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 04:19 PM by admin.)
Information General Board How-To Information/FAQ
If you look at the top of the screen by your name, you'll see User CP. This is where you can fill out your profile, create an avi and sig, etc. If everyone fills out the bio with some of their interests,area,etc. it will be easy to find members that live near you, or ones that have common interests.

This area is also where you'll find your private message mailbox. THR staff cannot see your private messages--they really are private.

Navigation: If you click View New Posts you'll get all the new ones since you last visited--a good way to review quickly. You can also click View Today's Posts for daily run down.

Just click Chat to get into the chat room. If you want to start a chat, just post a thread with a day and time so others can join you.

Our Jukebox is functional. If you have requests or MP3s to contribute, please PM member mari to have it programmed in.

Our admins are still learning their way around the Photo Gallery, but if you would like to share photos, please do so in the Pictures forum. If you want to share video or MP3s, you can do that in the Audio/Video forum. We might contact you later if we want to move your media into the Gallery (or Jukebox for MP3s).

Avatars: Choose your picture you want to use. Then go to a program like http://www.photobucket.com (free to start an account, and it's good if you want to put pics in your posts here too) to upload your new avi image. Once it's done, you'll have options to resize to avatar size, copy the code, url, etc. Just copy the url and paste into our avatar box and you'll be all set. Avis must be 100x100 pixels or less, and under 50KB.

Signatures: You can have a text signature, graphic signature, or none at all. If you use a graphic sig, please keep it a reasonable size (like 450px wide by 150px high).

Posting photos: When you post a thread or reply, click on the little square above the text box with the mountain and orange sun. A pop-up box will appear where you need to type in the URL of the pic you want from Photobucket. The URL will be listed under each picture you store: click on the box labeled "Direct Link" to copy the code. After you type in the URL, click enter and it will appear in your post as [ IMG]........[ /IMG] (without the spaces). When you view your post, your pic appears! (If you see a tiny red "x" it means you made a mistake with the URL.) If the photo you post is not your own, please give credit to the person who took it, or if you don't know who that is, let us know where you got it. Photos not credited this way will be removed.

Alternately, skip the part with the mountain/sun and just copy the IMG code from the four options Photobucket gives you, and paste it directly into the post.

Why is the time on posts wildly wrong? You need to go to the User CP and reset your time zone. On the left side of the control panel, you should see a menu. About halfway down the menu, click on the link "Edit Options" (in the section Your Profile). You should now see several boxes, one is titled "Date and Time Options". If you are in Eastern time zone, the Time zone drop-down menu should say "GMT -5:00 Hours (12:00 PM)". Right below that is a check box labeled "Enable Daylight Savings Time Correction". Check that box, then scroll down to the button "Update Options", and click that button.

Why am I a "junior member"? The one-liner that appears under your name on all your posts is your "subnic". If you'd like your subnic to say something other than "Junior Member" or whatever, log in to the User CP, and on the left you'll see "Change Profile" -- click that. On the right of your screen, there is a box labeled "Custom User Title". Go ahead and change that to whatever you'd like. Then scroll down to the bottom and save the changes to your profile. That's it!

Got other questions? Post them in this thread and an admin (or another member) will get you an answer! There are no dumb questions.

One last note... Please don't PM the "admin" user who posted this. The PM box is not monitored. PM one of our other admins or post here instead. Thanks!

(Also, thanks to NESP for the various tutorials herein. One advantage to using the same brand board is you can borrow FAQs!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
RE: General Board How-To Information/FAQ
Embedding video

For the most part, you can embed just by taking the < embed > code from whatever video site you're using. However, youtube is a little different.

To embed a youtube video, put the entire URL (it is above the embed code on the video page) between [ youtube] and [ /youtube], without the spaces.

[Image: mario.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2011, 10:38 AM
I had no idea where to ask my question. This seems to be the right place.

I'm having an issue checking the latest posts in the fanfic threads. When I click on the last post submitted it brings me to the first page of that particular thread. I tried clicking on the individual thread and then the last page listed. The latest posts are not there. It's happened a number of times. Strange. Is it just my issue or has this happened to anyone else?

Opening act(s): "He did not need one, he was the opening, the act, and the ending. he did it all."
06-26-2011, 11:40 AM
(06-26-2011 10:38 AM)Wait4it Wrote:  I had no idea where to ask my question. This seems to be the right place.

I'm having an issue checking the latest posts in the fanfic threads. When I click on the last post submitted it brings me to the first page of that particular thread. I tried clicking on the individual thread and then the last page listed. The latest posts are not there. It's happened a number of times. Strange. Is it just my issue or has this happened to anyone else?

I just tried and had no problems. Sad

"...cause boots makes your fuckin’ feet sore when you are dancing." ~ Taylor Hicks
"He not only controls our ovulation, he makes us take pretty pictures!!" (anonymous)
06-26-2011, 12:33 PM
That has happened to me once in awhile, Sue...but not quite to the extent it happens to you. Sometimes I'll click on the last page shown, and it takes me to the next to the last page. From there I am able to access the last page ok.

"It's the love. Bastard." -- TMW

"Taylor has big luggage" -- Sarah Borges
06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Sue, I haven't had that happen here. I know on TMS, there was one fanfic writer where every time I clicked on the arrow for new posts it took me to the first page instead of the first new post. But I then could get to the latest post by selecting the last page. It only happened with her stories. I don't have an answer for it. Could be the browser you're using. I know there's a myBB update that I should install but I just haven't had the time. Will try to get to it next weekend and maybe that will help you.

"Peace, love, and scruff"
06-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies. Grouphug I posted again and bam there was page 56. When there's fanfic involved come hell or high water I'll find a way in.
Droolbounce

Opening act(s): "He did not need one, he was the opening, the act, and the ending. he did it all."
08-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Not sure where to say "hi" so I figured I'd do it here?? I'm kind of new to this thing.. I mean, I've heard about these boards and stuff, but mostly have just been a lurker... I liked Taylor when he was on AI, and have seen him live a handful of times.. mostly in 2007 though. But I really like this new (or, I guess, from what I've heard, old) band of his though.. they sound so much more like him? Does that make sense?

Okay, I'm babbling. But really am looking forward to getting to 'know' more Taylor fans (am kind of tired of trying to convince my friends that Taylor is awesome.. so.. here we go..)
Thanks for accepting my request to join the site!
-Dana

In this world, a lonesome feeling.
You can't turn silver into Gold.
Hell of a Day, is what love has made..
08-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Welcome Dana have fun look around and jump in, any questions give a shout

Aloha is being a part of all and all being a part of me. Respect all and not willfully harm anyone or anything. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian - this is Aloha!
08-18-2011, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2011 02:34 PM by Mac.)
Welcome Dana! I got your email request and will have you up and going shortly! Poke around and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

"Peace, love, and scruff"